Here are a 10 hints and tips to put in place for incoming calls from prospects/ customers/ suppliers…
1. Be aware that people do not always hear what you say… if possible record calls & listen back
2. Remember to use the callers name – Especially when asking permission to put on hold or saying goodbye.
3. Remember your manners, say Please & thank you to your customer/caller
4. Ask questions… What’s it all about? The hot button on how you can help them.
5. Agree with objections, it throws the caller (unintentionally!) & eliminates most of their objections, leaving them without a script.
6. Be patient. Be in control – You are there to serve.
7. Do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it!
8. Be aware of your rate of speaking – match the speaking speed of your caller.
9. Tone – laid back, friendly & warm.
10. Be aware of the value of the call.
Remember, you only have a split second to create a great impression of you and your business.